Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Protagonist...

On a momentous occasion
of hollow staring at the mirror,
It was an optical illusion,
or an underlying terror…

She got harder and harder
drowned into her thoughts,
Secrets eked out on face,
Alas! she’s caught…

As oblivious as always
& ostracized as a crook,
Albeit enforced soul searching,
She’s taken to the truth…

.........................
.........................
.........................
.........................

Since I’m the master of my ideas,
and a preacher of my goals,
I’m solely accountable
for the shackles of my soul …

& since I could never find the difference,
between the rose thing and a mallow,
destiny is hitherto unresponsive
& in random thoughts I still wallow...

I’m feeble minded and I fail
In the political bargaining,
I’ve a house built on sand
& cats and dogs it’s still raining…

Though somebody is a mentor,
& though I’m part of a throng,
I’m still the one who should answer
For all that goes wrong…

& since I know I’m the cause,
Inevitably I get the crux,
I’ve nothing (no one) to blame
"Injustice of fate” or “the butchery of luck”…


P.S. Another rainy day with yet another set of weird realizations…

(A friend from Kanpur explained- We don’t use “I” in verbal communication because it symbolizes “EGO”)…

1 comment:

Shobhit said...

a house of sand.. as it rains!!

really nice!